manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <pankaj.pand...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Get Repository connection on Job Save.
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 10:00:19 GMT
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation Karl! Precisely what I have been looking for.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pankaj Pandey

From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 5:29 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Get Repository connection on Job Save.

Hi Pankaj,
Other folks have done something similar.  The typical way to do it seems to be the following:
(1) Extend the SolrConnector class, and override the pertinent methods to modify the database
as well.
(2) Register your new class as a different connector type, e.g. "DatabaseSolr"
(3) Add a method to your extended SolrConnector class which copies from the database into
Solr (in case the client wants to do that).  Hook that up to the requestInfo() method invocation,
and then you can call it via the REST API, and all the right environment, handles, etc. should
be all set for you to use.

There are plenty of other ways to do this, including making it the responsibility of the Solr
side to record the info to your database, but I think this is the fastest/easiest.

Karl

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM, <pankaj.pandey4@wipro.com<mailto:pankaj.pandey4@wipro.com>>