manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Somesh Kelkar <Somesh_Kel...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: Kerberos authentication
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 06:40:18 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thank you for your response. We have few more queries -

1)      If we have external infrastructure setup for Kerberos, ManifoldCF SharePoint connector
supports Kerberos authentication mechanism. Am I correct with my understanding? Are there
any other issues with using ManifoldCF and Kerberos authentication?

2)      Is Certificate based authentication supported?

3)      Does it have capability to fetch folders and files in a tree hierarchy and does client
have control over the depth of the hierarchy? If yes, does it support filtering?

4)      Does it automatically filter out system folders?

5)      Does it have capability to fetch metadata of folders and files?

6)      Does it have capability to download content of documents?

7)      Does it have capability to fetch the permissions?

8)      Does it have capability to perform write operations on a document like create, delete,
copy or rename?

-Somesh

From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:29 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Kerberos authentication

Hi Somesh,
Kerberos authentication is doable but is not recommended since you would need to come up with
an external infrastructure to keep your tickets fresh.  For SharePoint we recommend NTLM.
The SharePoint connector in 1.5.1 supports claims-based authorization, yes.
There is currently no support in the SharePoint connector for enumerating all site collections.

Karl

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Somesh Kelkar <Somesh_Kelkar@symantec.com<mailto:Somesh_Kelkar@symantec.com>>