manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help need for connecting to window share
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:54:24 GMT
Hi Smitha,

The problem is that, without some research, you may have no idea what
server you are actually talking to, because when you drill down in the
Paths tab, you may be traversing DFS nodes that refer to other servers.  So
even though you may be starting at the root talking to a Windows 2008
Server machine, the path you select may lead you to some other machine.  If
you start out seeing no problem in the UI, but only as you descend to a
particular place you run into issues, that would tend to confirm this story.

Karl