manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: metadata problem for subsite libraries
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:10:29 GMT
Hi Karl,

I am sorry but I don't follow. I assume, in my config, Paths/PathRule is correct since it
fetches documents (with no metadata).

In meta data section, there is no place for 'entity type'.

Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,
Ahmet

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:57 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

To clarify: Rules you define must match both the entity type (e.g. site, list, lib, or document),
as well as the path.  So the example you provided, since it does not specify the entity type,
is incomplete.

Karl

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ahmet,

>All I can remember about this coming up before involved people not having appropriate
metadata rules.  So if you include a screen shot of your metadata rules, that ought to help
clarify what is happening.

>FWIW, metadata for a library will require you to have an explicit matching library rule
on your metadata tab.  Since this is a subsite, you will also need a site rule.

>Thanks,
>Karl
>

>On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Ahmet Arslan <iorixxx@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>>
>>I am connection a SharePoint 2010 instance with both trunk and ManifoldCF 1.5.1 version.
>>
>>When I define a job to crawl a document library by "add site", no MetaData is sent
to output connector. I can see list of metadata and select them. But only GUID (although I
don't select GUID nor it is listed in the list) is sent. Documents are indexed but no metadata.

>>There is no metadata problem with Lists.
>>

>>'Document Library' Example
>>/site1/site2/Documents/* does not honour selected MetaData.
>>/Documents/* honurs selected MetaData.
>>
>>I think someone has reported similar  problems (for document library under {sub}(site)
in the past but I couldn't find the e-mail or jira.