manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: when connecting MCF to Share Point with Claim Space authentication
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:16:35 GMT
Hi Will,

Thanks for sharing the information to me.I will have a look in to the link and get back of
any issues.

Regards
P.Yuvaraj Kumar

________________________________
From: Will Parkinson <parkinson.will@gmail.com>
To: "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <user@manifoldcf.apache.org>
Cc: yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in>
Sent: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, 5:50
Subject: Re: when connecting MCF to Share Point with Claim Space authentication

Hi Yavaraj,

I had the same problem in the beginning, but I found out that the IIS webserver only had negotiate
auth enabled, rather than the negotiate,NTLM.

I found this page helpful in explaining the issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215383

Cheers,

Will

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Yavaraj,

>HttpClient will support Kerberos-only authentication ONLY if you point the JVM at the
place where Kerberos tickets reside using a -D switch, and you have some other process which
keeps the tickets fresh.  We therefore do not recommend this configuration.  Most SharePoint
IIS setups we see have either NTLM or SPNEGO with Kerberos as a primary authentication mechanism,
and NTLM as a secondary.

>Karl
>

>On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:18 AM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
>Hi Karl,
>>
>>So, Claim based authentication will work on MCF 1.5.1 (latest release).
>>Can i know will it work for both Claims with NTLM and Claims with kerberos.
>>
>>Thanks for the information.
>>

>>Regards
>>P.Yuvaraj Kumar

it is giving some error message and not working.
>>>We need the MCF to be connected with share point with Claims with NTLM and Claims
with Kerberos
>>>Can  you please let me know your suggestions.
>>>

>>>Error:
>>>Unknown SharePoint server error accessing site - axis fault = Server, detail =
Server was unable to process request
>>>---> The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.
Inaccessible logs: Security.