manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Share Point connection definition
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:10:59 GMT
HI Karl,

I have the Sharepoint 2010 plugin installed in our machine.

if you give some pointers on log file name/ path that could be helpful,As I am new to sharepoint.

Thanks
P.Yuvaraj Kumar

________________________________
From: Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
To: "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <user@manifoldcf.apache.org>; yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in>

Sent: Thursday, 27 February 2014, 18:33
Subject: Re: Share Point connection definition

Hi Yuvaraj,

Which version of the SharePoint 2010 plugin are you deploying?  It matters because we changed
the logging in the last SharePoint 2010 plugin release to adhere more closely to SharePoint
2010 conventions.  The logging code used with the most recent plugin release is:

                SPDiagnosticsService.Local.WriteTrace(0, new SPDiagnosticsCategory("MCPermissions.asmx",
TraceSeverity.Unexpected, EventSeverity.Error), TraceSeverity.Unexpected, "Error: "+ex.Message,
ex.StackTrace);
<<<<<<

You'll have to chase down where that goes on your installation. ;-)

Karl

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 7:59 AM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Hi Karl,

>Thanks for the information, i will check whether the MCF is installed properly with admin
user with full rights.

>Also, can i know usually where(which location)  the MCPermission plugin will write the
log files.So that i can check it there.

>Thanks
>P.Yuvaraj kumar

went wrong but when the MCPermissions plugin tried to write to the server log, it did not
have permissions to do so.  So there are TWO errors here.

>The MCPermissions plugin MUST be installed by an administrative user with full rights.
If it is not, it basically has insufficient permissions to do anything useful.  Can you check
that this was done properly?

>Thanks,
>Karl
>

>On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 6:37 AM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
>Hi Karl/Ahmet,
>>
>>it is working now and able to index the document.
>>
>>I have another issue now, i have tried the connection with test share point URL and
it was working fine.

>>But when we chnaged the share point url in the Repository connector to another url
in development environment where all our documents are present.I am getting the below error
instead of connection working. Where as if we give the sharepoint url directly in the browser
it is working.

>>We have installed the MCPermissionService in the development environment.
>>Can you please let me know what could cause this error.
>>
>>Error:
>>Unknown SharePoint server error accessing site - axis fault = Server, detail = Server
was unable to process request. ---> The source was not found, but some or all event logs
could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security.

>>I have also attaced the screen shot of the connection definition.
>>
>>Please let us know your comments.
>>

>>Thanks
>>P.Yuvaraj Kumar

you able to index your data from share point? If not can you give us your Job definition parameters?

>>Ahmet
>>

>>On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:35 PM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

>>Hi Karl,
>>
>>i have given the site path as default which is empty.
>>
>>After giving that when i run the job it is keep on running(Running for 3 hrs continously
usually)
>>I am not sure it is indexing the documents from the share point. if required i can
send the screen shot of my configurations.

>>Thanks
>>P.Yuvaraj kumar

data.  Can you please log into your SharePoint UI at the root site level, and without navigating
anywhere else, post the URL displayed in the browser here?  You may redact the actual site
name part of the path.

>>>Karl
>>>

>>>On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 10:55 AM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

>>>HI Karl,

and Solr as the output connector.

path field as everything after the server and port , except the final aspx file as mentioned
in the MCF end User documentation.