manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Paul Bieles <paulbie...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ManifoldCF SOLR request default Content-Type
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:39:18 GMT
Many thanks for the reply Karl...

I discovered the following issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/CONNECTORS-768
extending this might help us resolve the problem.  Would it be a good idea to have this list
in a config file, that way it could be extended easier?

Paul

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:36:20 -0500
Subject: Re: ManifoldCF SOLR request default Content-Type
From: daddywri@gmail.com
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org

Hi Paul,

When there is no content type on a web crawl, the ManifoldCF web connector does not default
anything -- it sets null as the content type.

The Solr output connector also does not default anything; it returns null to SolrJ when SolrJ
requests the content type.  What SolrJ does under those conditions is anyone's guess, but
I suspect that that is where the application/octet content type is getting set.  I'd have
to look at that code to be sure.

Karl