manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Libucha <mlibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:42:42 GMT
Hi Karl, will retry the plugin (and check the logs if it fails), but need
to wait to get it installed on the server -- out of my personal control.

But I'll definitely get to it and report back.

Mark

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying.
>
> Like I said, the only solution I can find to produce the right URL
> involves plugin changes.  I updated the plugin on the people.apache.orgsite enough times
in quick succession that I think it may well be the case
> that you did not try the right one, so I hope you will be able to confirm
> that tomorrow.  I've already committed what I think is the correct code to
> branches/CONNECTORS-813 but I won't supply that as a patch until we have a
> working plugin.
>
> If you try the plugin again, and it still fails, have a look at the
> SharePoint event logs; there may be an exception from the plugin in it that
> would be of help.  The exceptions are all logged, but they are very hard to
> find.
>
> Thanks,
> Karl
>

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I noticed that, too. But unfortunately the URLs sent to the output
>> connectors are no different.
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mark,
>>>
>>> I just noticed that the log output for the list item URL was incorrect
>>> in the CONNECTORS-813 patch; it was outputting the old url value into the
>>> log, even though the NEW url was being sent to the output connector.  Can
>>> you confirm that you did in fact not just look at the ManifoldCF log to
>>> determine whether or not the patch worked?
>>>
>>> Karl

never sent
Completed callback.

- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:
- SharePoint:

for it from:

name in the plugin
build the complete package

getting exceptions or
drawing board, but if it
modifications to the

MCF discovers the list items

<daddywri@gmail.com

<

SharePoint 2010
2010 in your connection definition?

with the
this activity.  Please see this page:

the "Url" field of the
that I can see.  So, are inspecting
 I wonder how the Lists webservice

Wright <

need a new release of

Mark Libucha <

PM, Karl Wright <

back in the "FileRef" field of
response.  It is possible that there's a better
create a ticket and look into what the options

PM, Mark Libucha <

the Task List is presented as a
individual items in the list presented as a URL.
item, it raises a pop up...

look like this...

they are handing back to MCF...

at 12:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
uses URLs of this form.  The one you
a List in the root site called "Tasks", and references
that list.  I'm surprised SharePoint doesn't give
than a 404 when you go to it, though.

it giving a 404?  because that's something the connector could

at 3:21 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
a list, I get back URLs that look like this:

a 404, but I think that's a SharePoint
believe there's a way to point directly to an item in List

is, is SharePoint returning this URL in
is MCF creating the URL based on the name of the list?