manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Libucha <mlibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Crawling all of a SharePoint site
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 00:49:28 GMT
I've seen this issue come up before, but I'd like to hear more about it
(Karl), if there is more to say about it...

Why isn't there an option to crawl an entire SharePoint site. I mean it's
awesome that the UI gives us the option of drilling down dynamically and
specifying exactly which parts we want crawled, but isn't the default case
for most users to just crawl the whole thing?

So, why exactly is this not an option, and what would adding that
functionality (I would be volunteering to try this) be feasible?

On a more specific level, Karl wrote this in an earlier thread:

<quote>
For SharePoint, if you want to crawl everything beneath your root site, the
simplest way is to define 4 rules:
(1) SITE rule "/*"
(2) LIST rule "/*"
(3) LIBRARY rule "/*"
(4) FILE rule "/*"
</quote>

I haven't be able to get this to work. It only seems to get files.

Limiting the scope to just Lists, when I use "/*" and specify List, I get
nothing crawled. Also tried "/Lists/*". Still nothing.

Maybe I'm not specifying the Metadata correctly? Could you expand on this
Karl? What exactly needs to be specified to crawl all Lists? If I can get
that to work I can probably figure out the rest of it.

Thanks,

Mark