manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Libucha <mlibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting log levels in output connectors
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:08:20 GMT
Hi,

When I add a log message to an output connector, it only appears in
manifold.log if it's level WARN or above.

I put some debug into system Logging.java and saw that in setLogLevels(),
the loglevel was always null and then defaulting to WARN.

Is there some sort of config file I need to update to get the other log
levels working in output connectors?

Note that I have changed the root logger in logging.ini to DEBUG, but this
is a separate issue. At least I think it is. Making that change causes the
repository connectors to output at DEBUG level but not the output
connectors.

logging.ini looks like this:

log4j.appender.MAIN.File=logs/manifoldcf.log
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, MAIN
log4j.appender.MAIN=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.MAIN.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.MAIN.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p %d{ISO8601} (%t) - %m%n

And my code looks like this:

      Logging.connectors.info("connectors info");
      Logging.agents.info("agents info");
      Logging.ingest.info("ingest info");
      Logging.connectors.warn("connectors warn");

Only the last of the 4 makes it to the manifoldcf.log.

Thanks,

Mark