manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does ManifoldCF support distributed search with Apache Solr?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:55:53 GMT
Hi Markus,

I am glad that the search component is working for you, but it seems to me
like it is perhaps not optimal, in the sense that there is no reason why
the component should wait to apply its query restrictions so late in the
query resolution cycle.  This may have the unfortunate effect of also
putting additional unnecessary load on the MCF Authority Service as well.

It would be great to know what the recommended setup is for components like
ours within Solr.  If sharding support modifies the query, then I think the
MCF plugin should remain exactly as it is with respect to sharding.  But if
sharding leaves the query alone, we may want to consider running the MCF
plugin up-front instead.

If you are able to do enough research to make a recommendation, I'd be
happy to change the plugin functionality to match - or, at least, provide a
parameter which would allow you to select how you want it to work.

Thanks,
Karl