manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 19:27:23 GMT
Sorry - I should have been clear.

First, make sure you are back to some pre-patch state:

cd trunk
svn revert
connectors/sharepoint/connector/src/main/java/org/apache/manifoldcf/crawler/connectors/sharepoint/SharePointRepository.java
svn revert
connectors/sharepoint/connector/src/main/java/org/apache/manifoldcf/crawler/connectors/sharepoint/SPSProxyHelper.java

Then, apply the FIRST patch:

patch -p0 <CONNECTORS-813.patch

Then, apply the SECOND patch:

patch -p0 <CONNECTORS-813-2.patch

Then you should be good to go.

I am assuming that with the new plugin you were able to crawl and
everything without errors, but the URL just remained incorrect?  If so,
these patches SHOULD mean you see the right URL.  If they don't, please
remember I haven't tried them out anywhere, so I could have coded something
incorrectly.  Let me know and we can debug.

Thanks,
Karl

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Struggling with this...still not working for me. Maybe I'm applying the
> patch incorrectly?
>
> I'm stuck with svn 1.6, so I can't use "svn patch", and have to use the
> patch command manually.
>
> That being said, which of the URLs on this page should I download and
> apply?
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-813
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, patch for the ticket has been updated.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mark,
>>>
>>> I am not surprised you are seeing the changed URLs yet, because you are
>>> missing the connector code changes.  I'll attach a patch to the
>>> CONNECTORS-813 ticket momentarily that should do that though.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

I think

code, the plugin failed to work properly.

the item.ParentList.Forms[] array would have

wrong one - let's just rule that out first.

you the 2nd
and apply the patch and report

<

that doesn't involve

distributed plugin

<

time using a different
verify that it does not fail for
items?

Wright <

 It seems to be
anyhow.

get right back to you.

Mark Libucha <

SharePoint crawler never sent
except for the Job Completed callback.

(Worker thread '34') -
'/test3/Links///'
(Worker thread '34') -
to include list '/test3/Links'
(Worker thread '34') -
exactly matched rule path '/*'
(Worker thread '34') -
(Worker thread '34') -
(Worker thread '34') -
is a list: '/test3/Links'
(Worker thread '26') -
did not exist;
(Worker thread '26') -
list '/test3/Calendar' - deleting
(Worker thread '34') -
site='/test3',
(Worker thread '35') -
did not exist;
(Worker thread '35') -
library '/test3/SitePages' - deleting

PM, Karl Wright <

of the MCPermissions.asmx
 You can download the .wsp for it from:

file of the same name in the
 Or, if you prefer, I can build the complete

is to make sure that this
items and for files, with getting exceptions or
we are back to the drawing board, but if it
make appropriate modifications to the
to it.

it is working, you will need to
and make sure that MCF discovers the list
errors.

are able to do this.

PM, Karl Wright <

at 4:51 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
installed the ManifoldCF SharePoint 2010
selected SharePoint 2010 in your connection definition?

ManifoldCF is communicating with the
plugin to perform this activity.  Please see this page:

is returning is the "Url" field of
is no "ListItemURL" member that I can see.  So, are
from the Lists web service?  I wonder how the Lists
the FileRef URL into a ListItemURL, in C#?

at 4:35 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
problem then we will need a new release
2010 plugin.

2013 at 4:32 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
it's this: LISTITEMURL

for me.

19, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
okay.

we use is what comes back in the "FileRef"
of the Lists.asmx getListItems response.  It is possible that there's
choice for list items.  I'll create a ticket and look into what
are.

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
doesn't work either.

the SharePoint UI, the Task List is presented as a
with each of the individual items in the list presented as a URL.
you click on an item, it raises a pop up...

links on the page look like this...

like the URIs they are handing back to MCF...

for the info.

Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

Hi Mark,

SharePoint indeed uses URLs of this form.  The one

you provided describes a List in the root site called "Tasks", and

references the second item in that list.  I'm surprised SharePoint doesn't

give something better than a 404 when you go to it, though.

Can you go to http://myhost/Lists/Tasks#2_.000<http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000>without
it giving a 404?  because that's something the connector could

certainly do.

Karl

<http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000>

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mark Libucha <

mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:

When I crawl a list, I get back URLs that look like

this:

http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000

This URL returns a 404, but I think that's a

SharePoint issue. I don't believe there's a way to point directly to an

item in List (is there?).

My question then is, is SharePoint returning this

URL in this form, or is MCF creating the URL based on the name of the list?

Thanks,

Mark