manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: autovacuum
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:19:14 GMT
Hi Ronny,

Not sure if you ever got a reply to this question.

Basically, the recommendations for VACUUM were created on a much earlier
version of PostgreSQL.  The architecture of VACUUM may well have
changed/been improved since then.  What we were seeing in the past, though,
was that under the loads that ManifoldCF applied:
- autovacuum could not keep up
- overall performance of PostgreSQL degraded over time
- autovacuum stole cycles from ManifoldCF disproportional to the
alternative, which was VACUUM FULL.

Your mileage may vary, but if you learn anything new please post.

Karl