manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:34:30 GMT
Thanks.  Please let me know what happens.

If this works, I may be able to get a SharePoint connector patch to you
promptly any time during the day.  But if it fails I will need access to a
machine at home to resolve the problem, so there would be a delay.

Karl

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like this will have till wait till the morning. I don't have access
> to the SharePoint server.
>

> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Working on testing it as you described. I'll get back to you shortly.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mark,
>>>
>>> So I've created a new version of the MCPermissions.asmx plugin for
>>> SharePoint 2010.  You can download the .wsp for it from:
>>>

>>> http://people.apache.org/~kwright/MetaCarta.SharePoint.MCPermissionsService.wsp
>>>
>>> Install it by replacing the file of the same name in the plugin
>>> installation package.  Or, if you prefer, I can build the complete package
>>> - please let me know.
>>>
>>> The point of doing this now is to make sure that this plugin works for
>>> both list items and for files, with getting exceptions or whatnot.  If it
>>> fails, then we are back to the drawing board, but if it seems to work OK
>>> then I will make appropriate modifications to the SharePoint connector to
>>> correspond to it.
>>>
>>> In order to know whether it is working, you will need to crawl both
>>> lists and libraries, and make sure that MCF discovers the list items and
>>> files within without errors.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you are able to do this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

it giving a 404?  because that's something the connector could

like this:

SharePoint issue. I
to an item in List (is

this URL in this