manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:13:28 GMT
Hi Mark,

So I've created a new version of the MCPermissions.asmx plugin for
SharePoint 2010.  You can download the .wsp for it from:

http://people.apache.org/~kwright/MetaCarta.SharePoint.MCPermissionsService.wsp

Install it by replacing the file of the same name in the plugin
installation package.  Or, if you prefer, I can build the complete package
- please let me know.

The point of doing this now is to make sure that this plugin works for both
list items and for files, with getting exceptions or whatnot.  If it fails,
then we are back to the drawing board, but if it seems to work OK then I
will make appropriate modifications to the SharePoint connector to
correspond to it.

In order to know whether it is working, you will need to crawl both lists
and libraries, and make sure that MCF discovers the list items and files
within without errors.

Please let me know if you are able to do this.

Thanks,
Karl

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> This link seems helpful:
>

> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/2be88c8b-812b-4574-8c2c-965cedd2f199/how-to-get-splistitem-item-server-relative-url-or-absolute-url-in-sharepoint-list?forum=sharepointdevelopmentlegacy
>
> I'll give it a try.
> Karl
>

> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> First - have you installed the ManifoldCF SharePoint 2010 plugin?  Have
>> you selected SharePoint 2010 in your connection definition?
>>
>> If you have, then ManifoldCF is communicating with the MCPermissions.asmx
>> plugin to perform this activity.  Please see this page:
>>

>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.splistitem_members%28v=office.14%29.aspx
>>
>> The field the plugin is returning is the "Url" field of the item.  There
>> is no "ListItemURL" member that I can see.  So, are inspecting the results
>> from the Lists web service?  I wonder how the Lists webservice translates
>> the FileRef URL into a ListItemURL, in C#?
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok; to fix this problem then we will need a new release of the
>>> SharePoint 2010 plugin.
>>>
>>> Karl

it giving a 404?  because that's something the connector could