manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:34:39 GMT
Ok, patch for the ticket has been updated.

Karl

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I am not surprised you are seeing the changed URLs yet, because you are
> missing the connector code changes.  I'll attach a patch to the
> CONNECTORS-813 ticket momentarily that should do that though.
>
> Thanks,
> Karl
>

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> So I'm still not seeing a change in the URLs that are coming back for
>> SharePoint list items after reinstalling the updated plugin.
>>
>> Is there a way for me to check that the new plugin is correctly in place
>> without actually logging into the SharePoint host?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Karl, will retry the plugin (and check the logs if it fails), but
>>> need to wait to get it installed on the server -- out of my personal
>>> control.
>>>
>>> But I'll definitely get to it and report back.
>>>
>>> Mark

enough times in quick succession that I think it may well be the case

the plugin failed to work properly.

item.ParentList.Forms[] array would have

one - let's just rule that out first.

a different
that it does not fail for

<

 It seems to be

back to you.

<

crawler never sent
for the Job Completed callback.

thread '34') -
thread '34') -
list '/test3/Links'
thread '34') -
matched rule path '/*'
thread '34') -
thread '34') -
thread '34') -
list: '/test3/Links'
thread '26') -
did not exist;
thread '26') -
thread '34') -
thread '35') -
did not exist;
thread '35') -
'/test3/SitePages' - deleting

Wright <

the MCPermissions.asmx
can download the .wsp for it from:

of the same name in the
if you prefer, I can build the complete

make sure that this plugin
files, with getting exceptions or
back to the drawing board, but if it
appropriate modifications to the
to it.

you will need to
make sure that MCF discovers the list

to do this.

Karl Wright <

PM, Karl Wright <

the ManifoldCF SharePoint 2010
SharePoint 2010 in your connection definition?

is communicating with the
to perform this activity.  Please see this page:

is the "Url" field of the
member that I can see.  So, are inspecting
web service?  I wonder how the Lists webservice
into a ListItemURL, in C#?

PM, Karl Wright <

then we will need a new release of

at 4:32 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
this: LISTITEMURL

at 1:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
is what comes back in the "FileRef" field
getListItems response.  It is possible that there's a
for list items.  I'll create a ticket and look into what the

2013 at 3:46 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
work either.

UI, the Task List is presented as a
each of the individual items in the list presented as a URL.
click on an item, it raises a pop up...

on the page look like this...

the URIs they are handing back to MCF...

the info.

19, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
indeed uses URLs of this form.  The one you
describes a List in the root site called "Tasks", and references
item in that list.  I'm surprised SharePoint doesn't give
better than a 404 when you go to it, though.

go to http://myhost/Lists/Tasks#2_.000<http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000>without it giving
a 404?  because that's something the connector could
do.

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
I crawl a list, I get back URLs that look like

URL returns a 404, but I think that's a
issue. I don't believe there's a way to point directly to an
in List (is there?).

question then is, is SharePoint returning this URL
this form, or is MCF creating the URL based on the name of the list?