manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Authority Service questions
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 07:24:03 GMT
Yes Benjamin you are correct.
Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone
------------------------------
From: Benjamin Brandmeier
Sent: 11/8/2013 7:24 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Authority Service questions

Evening Mark,

you need to define authority connections.
By calling the authority service with a given username (+domain) the
defined source systems will be queried for the currently existing tokens
(e.g. ACL-IDs). This happens every time a query is performed (Caching not
counted).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Benjamin

Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Thanks, Benjamin (and Karl). I have a follow up question...
>
> How does the authority service get populated with ACLs to begin with?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Benjamin Brandmeier <bdvlop@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> for further experiments:
>> Try calling the webapp like this:
>> http://localhost:8345/mcf-authority-service/UserACLs?username=qwefa
>>
>> Without the username I receive a 400.
>>
>> Benjamin
>>

>> 2013/11/7 Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Having problems getting my head around the MCF Authority Service. Please
>>> just direct me to the documentation if this information is out there
>>> already.
>>>
>>> Is this service (just) a webapp?
>>>
>>> If so, should running start-webapps.sh install/start it? (I have run
>>> start-webapps.sh, but myhost:8345/mcf-authority-service/UserACLs gives me a
>>> 404.)
>>>
>>> If it's not just a webapp, what else do I need to install/register? That
>>> is, is something like mod-authz-annotate also required in addition to the
>>> webapp?
>>>
>>> Assuming I'm using my own search engine output connector (not using
>>> Solr) how does the search engine call the Authority Service? Via the JSON
>>> API?
>>>
>>> Or should I just dive into the Solr plug-in source?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark

-- sent with Android K-9 Mail