manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A less picky manifoldCF about solr errors?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:22:47 GMT
Hi Roland,

It depends on what the error code is.  There is quite a bit of logic in the
Solr connector (and in ManifoldCF itself) for handling errors of different
kinds.  Fundamentally there are two main kinds of error condition - one
which causes a retry (and can, if so specified, cause either the offending
document to be skipped or the job aborted) and another which always causes
a job to abort.  The Solr connector has to decide based on limited
information exactly what to do.  General HTTP error codes such as "500"
errors, for example, contain little information and look just the same
whether the error represent a document Tika is unhappy with, or something
more fundamental, like a complete misconfiguration of Solr.

If you can provide more detailed information as to the kind of error(s) you
are seeing then we can advise you further.

Karl