manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MS Exchange crawler?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 18:58:48 GMT
Had a quick look at the connector.  It seems straightforward enough,
although I already found three bugs by inspection:
- Wrong model, should be MODEL_ADD_CHANGE_REMOVE (because neither CHANGE
nor REMOVE is in fact possible)
- Doesn't initialize this.properties properly in connect(); this can be
null after disconnect() called
- processDocuments() calls finalizeConnection() inappropriately, so that
the connection is discarded and must be reinitialized on every set of
documents
- getMaxDocuments() returns 50, which seems questionable too... 1 is
probably fine, if it wasn't for the finalizeConnection().

In short it appears that the coder did not fully understand the connection
object lifecycle, but other than that it is a good starting point.

Karl