manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating ACL with File System Connector
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:50:10 GMT
Hi Muhammet,

As the javadoc says, "scanOnly is an array corresponding to the document
identifiers.  It is set to true to indicate when the processing should only
find other references, and should not actually call the ingestion
methods."  It's designed as an optimization so that when all that is needed
is document discovery, scanOnly[] can be checked and thus individual
documents are not processed.

What you need to do to make MCF work as intended is to include the file's
ACLs in the file's version string, preferably in a manner where you can
extract it at processing time.  That way, MCF will notice the document
change and will process the file.  Lots of connectors use this strategy -
have a look at almost any connector with forced ACLs, for instance.

Thanks,
Karl