manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint claim space authentication
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:04:40 GMT
Using the trace log may well work for us.  I've created a ticket for this
work: CONNECTORS-758.  Will, do you have anything further to report on
logging research?  Should I build a trial SharePoint 2010 plugin for you to
explore in your environment?

Karl

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> The link provided looks pretty helpful.  But it is also tricky enough that
> I would not want to be changing the log output with a SharePoint system
> available to try it all out on.  Specifically, you need to write a feature
> handler to register the appropriate log category; I'm not sure how to
> integrate that with the current package properly.
>
> Karl
>

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Christian M. Rieck <
> christian.rieck@comperiosearch.com> wrote:
>
>>  > There may be a SharePoint application log we could use instead - but
>> I have no idea how to access such a thing.  I'll see if Google can tell
>> me.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> In SharePoint 2010 it is common to write to the ULS logs*. This also lets
>> you control the log-level through central admin. Check out
>> http://www.parago.de/2011/01/how-to-implement-a-custom-sharepoint-2010-logging-service-for-uls-and-windows-event-log/and
>> http://dbremes.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/using-sharepoint-2010s-logging-infrastructure-part-2/,
they should explain it. I skipped the Event-log and registry parts for my