manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Will Parkinson <parkinson.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint claim space authentication
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 23:31:38 GMT
Hi Karl,

I was talking to the Sharepoint administrator last night and he would also
prefer the logs entries to be written to the trace logs.  If you had the
time to build a Sharepoint plugin for 2010 that would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Will

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using the trace log may well work for us.  I've created a ticket for this
> work: CONNECTORS-758.  Will, do you have anything further to report on
> logging research?  Should I build a trial SharePoint 2010 plugin for you to
> explore in your environment?
>
> Karl
>

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The link provided looks pretty helpful.  But it is also tricky enough
>> that I would not want to be changing the log output with a SharePoint
>> system available to try it all out on.  Specifically, you need to write a
>> feature handler to register the appropriate log category; I'm not sure how
>> to integrate that with the current package properly.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Christian M. Rieck <
>> christian.rieck@comperiosearch.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  > There may be a SharePoint application log we could use instead - but
>>> I have no idea how to access such a thing.  I'll see if Google can tell
>>> me.****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>>
>>> In SharePoint 2010 it is common to write to the ULS logs*. This also
>>> lets you control the log-level through central admin. Check out
>>> http://www.parago.de/2011/01/how-to-implement-a-custom-sharepoint-2010-logging-service-for-uls-and-windows-event-log/and
>>> http://dbremes.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/using-sharepoint-2010s-logging-infrastructure-part-2/,
they should explain it. I skipped the Event-log and registry parts for my