manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Gamard <steph...@gamard.net>
Subject RSS Connector
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 14:13:24 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the RSS connector for the following feed: http://blog.mikemccandless.com/feeds/posts/default

After setting the job up and ingesting documents I have 2 pending questions:
- why is the connector using the URL as ID instead of the atom ID tag?
- I have no creation and/or modified date in my Solr document, how is it so?

Overall I am a bit confused as to where does the crawler gets it's information (chrome vs
dechromed). I've downloaded the feed and tried to find the entries back into my index but
could not do so (could only find pages which are linked from the rss entry).

Sorry for the hassle, I'm reading over and over trying to piece it all together.

Cheers,

_Stephane