manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileNET Integration
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 12:00:48 GMT
Hi Yann,

There is some work involved in actually setting up the FileNet connector.
Start here:

http://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/trunk/en_US/how-to-build-and-deploy.html#Binary+organization

... and note that there is a FileNet connector registry and a FileNet
connector server process you need to run.  You will need to supply FileNet
API jars to the server process in order to get things to work.  That's
described here:

http://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/trunk/en_US/how-to-build-and-deploy.html#Building+and+running+the+FileNet+connector

For ElasticSearch output, if you don't care about security then you won't
have much to worry about other than to configure the connection through the
UI.  However, if you want to enforce security, at this point you will need
to write some Java code.  There is an ElasticSearch plugin included with
the release that will make this easier, but you will still need to hook it
up to a REST method of your own creation in order to get everything to
work.  (This is something the ElasticSearch people have agreed is overly
cumbersome, and they've agreed to provide the ability to enforce a security
filter in future releases).

In all cases, the README files tell you a lot about what you specifically
need to do.  And, of course, this list is a good resource if something
doesn't seem clear.

Karl