manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentum questions
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 13:56:31 GMT
Hi Bryan,

I found in a previous post that ManifoldCF doesn't support connecting to
multiple Documentum repositories.  Is that still a limitation?  If so could
I just duplicate the documentum-server-process directory and put
appropriate dfc.properties file in each directory and run 2
documentum-server-process processes - one for each repository?
<<<<<<

The limitation is due to DFC; it can only talk to one docbroker at a time.
The documentum-server-process essentially is a wrapper around DFC.

The documentum-server-process uses RMI to communicate with the Documentum
connector.  But it unfortunately uses a fixed port (8300) at this time.  This
is trivial to change, but it prevents more than one instance of a
documentum-server-process from running at a time on a single machine.

More to the point, the documentum connector itself does not know how to
deal with multiple documentum-server-processes.  This *could* be added -
essentially by permitting multiple documentum-server-processes, as you
propose, and by selecting an appropriate server-process or
registry-process port
as part of the connection configuration.  If you think this would be helpful,
please go ahead and open a CONNECTORS ticket in Jira for this feature, and
we can work together to develop it.

We need to limit (filter) the documents we retrieve from Documentum based
upon meta data values of the document.  For example for our custom Document
Types we have custom meta data (status for example) and we only what to
retrieve documents where the status='Executed'.  So basically I'd like to
write a DQL where clause to determine which documents to retrieve from
Documentum.  Is this possible with ManifoldCF?
<<<<<<

Anything is possible in the long run, but at this time you don't get to
write your own DQL clauses.  It would be relatively straightforward to add
more stuff to the DQL query that's used for seeding.  It's not clear to me
at this time whether you want to limit the query generation to name/value
pairs, or arbitrary DQL.  Most users of this connector are likely not to be
able to handle arbitrary DQL, so I would tend to go towards providing
name/value pairs instead, and having the connector generate the DQL.

If you want this functionality, please open an additional ticket for it.

Thanks,
Karl