manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ManifoldCF and Kerberos/Basic Authentication
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 16:37:33 GMT
Hi TC,

Thanks, this is a big help in understanding your setup.

I don't know enough about exactly *how* mod-auth-kerb uses Basic Auth to
communicate with the browser, and whether it expects the browser to cache
the resulting tickets (in cookies?)  I will have to do some research and
get back to you on that.

Basically, security for a Wiki is usually handled by the Wiki, but since
you've put added auth in front of it by going through mod-auth-kerb, it's
something that the Wiki connector would have to understand (and emulate
your browser) in order to implement.  So it does not likely support this
right now.  It may be relatively easy to do or it may be a challenge -
we'll see.  I would also be somewhat concerned that it may not possible to
actually reach the API urls through Apache; that would make everything moot
if it were true.  Could you confirm that you can visit API urls through
your Apache setup?

Karl

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM, TC Tobin-Campbell <TC@epic.com> wrote:

>  Hi there,****
>
> I'm trying to connect ManifoldCF to an internal wiki at my company. The
> ManifoldCF wiki connector supplies a username and password field for the
> wiki api, however, at my company, a username and password is required to
> connect to the apache server running the wiki site, and after that
> authentication takes place, those credentials are passed on to the wiki api.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> So, essentially, I need a way to have ManifoldCF pass my windows
> credentials on when trying to make its connection. Using the api login
> fields does not work.****
>
> ** **
>
> We use Kerberos the Kerberos Module for Apache<http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/index.html>(AuthType
Kerberos).  My understanding based on that linked documentation