manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timeout problems with web crawling
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:00:05 GMT
I take back the "no exceptions" comment.  We are getting one in the
testhost log:

 INFO 2013-04-22 17:39:39,387 (Worker thread '27') - WEB: FETCH
URL|http://www.ibsen.uio.no/REGINFO_peAGa.xhtml?bokstav=G|1366644879398+299979|-1|0|java.net.SocketTimeoutException|
Read timed out
 WARN 2013-04-22 17:39:39,387 (Worker thread '27') - Pre-ingest
service interruption reported for job 1360671306324 connection
'web_crawler': Timed out waiting for IO for
'http://www.ibsen.uio.no/REGINFO_peAGa.xhtml?bokstav=G': Read timed
out

It really does seem to be a socket timeout.  It looks like it was able
to establish a connection, but then waited 5 minutes for any data to
appear.  Can you fetch this URL without problem using the same headers
- esp. the User-Agent header?  It may be that your crawler is being
blocked by this site.

Karl