manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to fix: Error: Unexpected jobqueue status
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 07:12:37 GMT
The reason I don't think this is the correct explanation is because the
error itself indicates that two threads appear to be working on the same
document at the same time.  That's not supposed to be possible, because
there is only one thread that queues documents for processing, and there is
only one thread it can hand the document to.  When the thread that is
supposed to be handling the document finishes with it, it finds that some
other thread has been there first and already updated the document's status
in the database.

See CONNECTORS-590 for more detail.

My current theory is that this happens ONLY on MySQL - which is known to
have transactional integrity bugs.  If you are seeing this on PostgreSQL, I
would really want to know that.

Thanks,
Karl