manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Determining document model passed to search engine
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:17:27 GMT
What emerges from the web connector is the following:

-	metadata, which you define on the web connector’s “Metadata” tab,
that are named however you want;
-	forced acls, which get added to the document based on what you
select on the “Security” tab;
-	the document’s content type;
-	the document’s url;
-	the document itself.

What the elastic search connector does is:
-	Map the document’s url to ElasticSearch’s document id field (which I
guess shows up in Elastic Search as the ‘uri’ field)
-	Output all the metadata directly to ElasticSearch using the name
provided by the repository connector
-	Set the file value to “” (which seems wrong, since that could be
helpful if available - let me know if you think a fix for this would
be useful)
-	NONE of the rest of the document fields (content type, acls, etc)
are communicated to Elastic Search at all right now, except for the
document itself.

Karl