manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:07:06 GMT
Usually the only thing you have to be careful of with the plugin is to
install it when logged in as an administrator.  The plugin gets the privs
it needs from the installation user.

If you've done that already, then you also have to open up the IIS widget
in Windows and grant .NET execute privs to the _vti_bin directory.  There's
a whole lot of security configuration for IIS that I am not an expert with
either, but the idea is to make sure all the .asmx assemblies under
_vti_bin can be executed by a remote user.

(And yes, Windows security is, in general, a complete pain in the behind.)

Hope that helps.

Karl