manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:36:23 GMT
The list of files in mcf-crawler-ui.war is the following:

C:\wip\mcf\trunk\dist\web\war>"c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_37"\bin\jar tf mcf
-crawler-ui.war | more
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/jsp/
WEB-INF/lib/
ManifoldCF-logo.png
WEB-INF/jsp/c.tld
WEB-INF/jsp/fmt.tld
WEB-INF/jsp/sql.tld
WEB-INF/jsp/x.tld
WEB-INF/lib/commons-codec.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-collections.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-el.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-io.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derby.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_cs.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_de_DE.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_es.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_fr.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_hu.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_it.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_ja_JP.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_ko_KR.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_pl.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_pt_BR.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_ru.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_zh_CN.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbyLocale_zh_TW.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbynet.jar
WEB-INF/lib/derbytools.jar
WEB-INF/lib/hsqldb.jar
WEB-INF/lib/httpclient.jar
WEB-INF/lib/httpcore.jar
WEB-INF/lib/json.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jstl.jar
WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar
WEB-INF/lib/mcf-agents.jar
WEB-INF/lib/mcf-core.jar
WEB-INF/lib/mcf-crawler-ui.jar
WEB-INF/lib/mcf-pull-agent.jar
WEB-INF/lib/mcf-ui-core.jar
WEB-INF/lib/postgresql.jar
WEB-INF/lib/serializer.jar
WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-api.jar
WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-simple.jar
WEB-INF/lib/velocity.jar
WEB-INF/lib/xalan.jar
WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl.jar
WEB-INF/lib/xml-apis.jar
adminDefaults.jsp
adminHeaders.jsp
banner.jsp
checkAdminLogin.jsp
documentstatus.jsp
editauthority.jsp
editconnection.jsp
editjob.jsp
editoutput.jsp
error.jsp
execute.jsp
index.jsp
listauthorities.jsp
listconnections.jsp
listjobs.jsp
listoutputs.jsp
maxactivityreport.jsp
maxbandwidthreport.jsp
navigation.jsp
queuestatus.jsp
resultreport.jsp
setupAdminProfile.jsp
showjobstatus.jsp
simplereport.jsp
style.css
viewauthority.jsp
viewconnection.jsp
viewjob.jsp
viewoutput.jsp
WEB-INF/web.xml

While commons-discovery is not present, commons-logging certainly is.

And, in the connector-lib area, where the dependencies are picked up
for the connectors, sure enough:

C:\wip\mcf\trunk\dist\connector-lib>dir commons*
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 143C-F39A

 Directory of C:\wip\mcf\trunk\dist\connector-lib

02/12/2013  03:22 PM            79,796 commons-discovery.jar
               1 File(s)         79,796 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  23,952,457,728 bytes free

So it should all work, unless you've been messing with the contents of
connector-lib, or you've changed your properties.xml to not point at
it.  This is the line that does it:

  <libdir path="../connector-lib"/>

Can you check that all of this stuff is present where I'm describing
it in your setup?  If it is, there might be some kind of classloader
funkiness going on which we really would need to get to the bottom of.

Karl

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Mark Lugert <mlugert@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Ok, figured this out.  There are 2 issues which I think are bugs.
>
> When running in Tomcat, with the 3 mcf wars in tomcat/webapps and then -D
> pointing to /data/manifold/properties.xml.  The sharepoint connector fails
> because it's missing 2 jar files from the classpath:
>
> 1. commons-discovery-0.4.jar
> 2. commons-logging.jar
>
> I added those to tomcat/lib and I got beyond the axis issue I had last
> night.
>
> Now when it continues it fails with the message:
> The site at http://ec2-50-16-175-94.compute-1.amazonaws.com did not exist
>
> However, that's not the actual issue.  The actual URL it's failing to load,
> as expected is:
> http://ec2-50-16-175-94.compute-1.amazonaws.com/_vti_bin/MCPermissions.asmx
>
> Sounds like those commons-*.jar files need to be in the mcf-crawler-ui.war
> file and the sharepoint connector needs to print out the correct error
> message when it fails to load one of the asmx files it's looking for.
>
> thanks,
> mark

>>> serverVersion=4.0
>>> userName=domain\foo