manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Clegg <andrew.cl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Diagnosing "REJECTED" documents in job history
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 14:36:34 GMT
Hi Karl,

The extended logging has helped me find the next problem :-)

Now I'm seeing hundreds of exceptions like this in the manifold log:

FATAL 2013-02-01 14:32:38,255 (Worker thread '5') - Error tossed: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(TreeMap.java:324)
        at java.util.TreeMap.containsKey(TreeMap.java:209)
        at java.util.TreeSet.contains(TreeSet.java:217)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchSpecs.checkMimeType(ElasticSearchSpecs.java:164)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchConnector.checkMimeTypeIndexable(ElasticSearchConnector.java:333)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.incrementalingest.IncrementalIngester.checkMimeTypeIndexable(IncrementalIngester.java:212)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread$ProcessActivity.checkMimeTypeIndexable(WorkerThread.java:2091)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.DCTM.DCTM.processDocuments(DCTM.java:1811)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.BaseRepositoryConnector.processDocuments(BaseRepositoryConnector.java:423)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:556)

There'll be a whole batch, then a pause, then another batch. I suspect
this is because MCF is retrying?

My theory about this is that Documentum is returning the mime type as
just "pdf" instead of "application/pdf" -- although I did add "pdf" as
an allowed mime type in the ElasticSearch page of the job config, just
to see if it would parse this ok.

Do you know if there's any way to map from a source's content type to
a destination's content type?

On 31 January 2013 23:09, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just chased down and fixed a problem in trunk.  ElasticSearch is now
> returning a 201 code for successful indexing in some cases, and the
> connector was not handling that as 'success'.
>
> Karl
>

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please let me know if you see any problems.  I'll fix anything you
>> find as quickly as I can.
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Andrew Clegg <andrew.clegg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Great, thanks, I'll give it a try.