manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lugert <mlug...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint path metadata
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:29:48 GMT
So to say it another way:

Attribute: Some variable name that I make up out of the blue that doesn't match metadata already
being passded from sharepoint.
Regex: Uses the ID field, which is the document url.
Replacement: variable that holds the actual value that will be passed to the Attribute field
I made up.

sound about right?

thanks,
Mark

From: Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org; Mark Lugert <mlugert@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: Sharepoint path metadata

The basic idea is simple.  What you want to do is go to the Metadata
tab, look under "Path metadata", and set the attribute name to a value
that represents the name of the metadata that will be passed to the
output connector that contains path data.  So call it "folderpath".
Then, you want to set up matching path rules that match the document
identifier (which is what it starts with to get the metadata value),
and outputs the parts you want.  The example in the doc is accurate,
if a little dense.

Karl