manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lugert <mlug...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:51:02 GMT
Ok thanks, installed.  Seeing these two issues now, wondering if y'all have seen these.
I'm not a Sharepoint expert, but seems it's security is, um, difficult:
 1. Alternate access mappings have not been configured. Users or services are accessing the
site http://amazona-2h120gm with the URL http://ec2-50-16-175-94.compute-1.amazonaws.com.
This may cause incorrect links to be stored or returned to users. If this is expected, add
the URL http://ec2-50-16-175-94.compute-1.amazonaws.com as an AAM response URL. For more information,
see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=114854"/>

Not sure this is actually causing any issues right now, but if you've seen this let me know.

2.
MCPermissions.asmx
The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

My admin just ran the script for installing mcpermissions.asmx.  But it seems like there
is an extra step to grant users access?

thanks,
Mark

From: Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org; Mark Lugert <mlugert@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: Sharepoint

IIS uses NTLM or Kerberos typically.  You want to configure it to use NTLM.

In 1.1 and 1.1.1 there was a problem with the NTLM implementation in
HttpClient, having to do with machines either not joined to domains or
joined to child domains.  If you think you may have that problem, you
can download a version of httpclient that works properly from
http://people.apache.org/~kwright .  It's version 4.2.4-SNAPSHOT.

Karl