manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Shigeki Kobayashi <shigeki.kobayas...@g.softbank.co.jp>
Subject Timeout values to be configurable
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 07:18:14 GMT
Hi.

As I have used MCF so far, I've faced timeout error many times while
crawling and indexing files to Solr.
I would like to propose to have the following timeout values configurable
in properties.xml.

Timeout errors often occur depending on files and environments(machines),
so it would be nice to change
the timeout value without rebuild the whole source.

$MCF_HOME\connectors\solr\connector\src\main\java\org\apache\manifoldcf\agents\output\solr\HttpPoster.java

int responseRetries = 9000;         // Long basic wait: 3 minutes.  This
will also be added to by a term based on the size of the request.

$MCF_HOME\connectors\jcifs\connector\src\main\java\org\apache\manifoldcf\crawler\connectors\sharedrive\SharedDriveConnector.java
    System.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout","150000");
    System.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.responseTimeout","120000");

Regards,

Shigeki