manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Thomas <nigel.tho...@york.ac.uk>
Subject Re: ManifoldCF 1.0.1 MySQL setup : Error getting connection: Access denied for user
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 12:00:24 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I had run a tcp dump on the connection to get more details on the
error, which is a mysql :42000 - Access denied for user" error and
looking at the source code, the problem is not that it isn't
connecting to the database but, it doesn't have the privileges to
create the database and grant access to users. We run a shared mysql
services, where the user, database and privileges are granted
separately, and unfortunately super user access isn't permitted.

I guess in this context the initialise script will not work without
some modification to check if database and users already exist.

I have reverted to using postgres instance with full privileges for
the moment and may revisit the code later.

Thanks for the help.

Nigel Thomas