manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Thomas <nigel.tho...@york.ac.uk>
Subject ManifoldCF 1.0.1 MySQL setup : Error getting connection: Access denied for user
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:21:21 GMT
Hello,

I am having some problems configuring 1.0.1 to use a MySQL database, I
have followed steps here :
http://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/release-1.0.1/en_US/how-to-build-and-deploy.html#Configuring+a+MySQL+database

I have set the following db related properties in properties.xml:

  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.databaseimplementationclass"
value="org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfaceMySQL"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.mysql.server"
value="mysql.example.com"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.dbsuperusername" value="root"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.dbsuperuserpassword" value="password"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.name" value="manfold_db"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.username" value="root"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.password" value="password"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.maxhandles" value="100"/>

On running initialise.sh, the following exception is thrown:

 org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Error
getting connection: Access denied for user 'root'@'%' to database
'mysql'
 	at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfaceMySQL.createUserAndDatabase(DBInterfaceMySQL.java:624)
 	at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.system.ManifoldCF.createSystemDatabase(ManifoldCF.java:700)
 	at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.ManifoldCF.createSystemDatabase(ManifoldCF.java:168)
 	at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.InitializeAndRegister.doExecute(InitializeAndRegister.java:37)
 	at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.InitializeAndRegister.main(InitializeAndRegister.java:60)

I am able to connect to the MySQL instance using a command line MySQL
client from the same machine using the same credentials, this rules
out networking and credentials related issues.

Am not sure what I am missing with the setup, I have tried the
equivalent with a postgres setup, this seems to work just fine.

Thanks,

Nigel Thomas