manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gielow <martin.gie...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with continuous jobs deleting their documents on restart of Agent
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 15:18:39 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Manifold to crawl several data sources using the Wiki and the
JDBC connectors. I have set the associated jobs to run continuously so that
new documents will be added in a timely manner. The problem I am having
with this, is that whenever the Agent is stopped and then restarted, the
jobs will delete all of their documents (also propagating the deletes to
the associated output connection) before turning themselves inactive (which
they shouldn't as they are set to run continuously).

If I then restart the job, in case of the JDBC connection, it is not
finding any previously added documents and will set itself inactive again.
In case of the Wiki connection, the documents are also deleted, but are
successfully reindexed when the job is restartet manually.

The only way I found to prevent the jobs from deleting their items in this
case, was to manually stop the affected jobs before the Agent is stopped
(using the abort option) and to restart them after the Agent has been
restarted.

I am using the 1.0 release of Manifold and couldn't find anything regarding
this behaviour in either the documentation or the wiki.

Is there an obvious flaw with my setup or something I may have missed in
the configuration?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Regards,
Martin