manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint users and grops as authority
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:13:36 GMT
It is still not clear to me that what they call a "SharePoint" user or
group isn't in fact just a special kind of AD entity.  The real
question is whether access tokens for that user or group can be
obtained from AD or not.

Here are some questions to think about:

- how do you authenticate a "SharePoint" user?  If the user can be
authenticated through any other means than the SharePoint UI, then
such a user has existence outside of SharePoint itself.
- what do access tokens look like for a "SharePoint" user?  Are they
SIDs, or something else?
- is there any API for obtaining the access tokens specifically for a
"SharePoint" user or group?

Thanks,
Karl