manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileShares and SharePoint connection
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:40:54 GMT
Please see below...

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Congiu, Daniela
<Daniela.Congiu@ipsways.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I’m trying to crawl some FileShares but when I start indexing I always get
> back the following error:
>
> Jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
> password.
>

> In the AD settings I get a “Connection working”. The user defined there has
> access to the specified FileShare.
>
> In the Repository Connection for the FileShares I also have a “Connection
> working” with my current settings.
>
> The user used can access  the specified directory but is not an admin user.

So you are saying the job aborts with this error?  If the job does
abort, there should be a stack trace in manifoldcf.log.  Can you post
that please?

If you are seeing this error on individual documents in the Simple
History, then the problem may be that the user has permissions to read
the document, but not to request a document's SIDs, in which case the
document will be skipped.  Or, it may be that one of the directories
you are trying to crawl has a DFS redirection to another machine that
does not recognize the credentials you have given it.  There are a lot
of possibilities and you need to supply more information before we can
make sense of them.

> SharePoint (2010) doesn’t work either. When I save my Repository settings I
> get a “Unexpected http error code 411 accessing SharePoint at
> http://intranet/[...] (411) Invalid Request”.

Did you install the Apache ManifoldCF SharePoint 2010 plugin on your
SharePoint 2010 server?

Karl