manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with reading files from Sharepoint 2010 to manifldcf
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:44:10 GMT
Seeing the existence of the service in the browser does not mean it
will work.  It only means that the wsdl is coming back from the
service.

> What can be the reason for this?

Unfortunately that is very difficult to determine.  SharePoint tends
to return "catchall" errors which are not very meaningful.  The
server-side event logs may be helpful in figuring out what is going
wrong.

> Can there be a mismatch between the sharepoint driver on MCF and the sharepoint server?

This is possible if (for instance) you deployed a SharePoint 2010
plugin on a SharePoint 2007 server, but if you had a version of
SharePoint which was incompatible with the plugin you deployed, I
would expect you would have seen errors reported during the plugin
installation.  The plugins are built against specific SharePoint dlls
with specific version numbers, and .NET enforces a match.  The .bat
deployment files though are not very good at telling you that stuff is
broken; they don't actually catch the reported errors and stop, so it
is possible you may have missed such errors.

If there were no errors, I would guess that the problem is probably
permissions related.  That is, the plugin may not have permissions to
do what it needs to do.  The permissions are granted (as I understand
it) based on the user that installs the plugin, so that may be what
the issue is.

Karl

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Fridler, Oren <oren.fridler@hp.com> wrote:
> Discovery is not working indeed (sorry I was not clear on this), I just saw on the sharepoint
repository connector UI the status "connection working"

> So if I understand you correctly the soap call to  com.microsoft.sharepoint.webpartpages.PermissionsSoapStub.getListItems(PermissionsSoapStub.java:234)
 is failing? Although I can see the GetListItems operation supported in the browser.
> What can be the reason for this?
> Can there be a mismatch between the sharepoint driver on MCF and the sharepoint server?
> How do you suggest I continue to investigate?
> Thanks
> Oren.

working.  It seems like the getListItems() part of the service is failing, and on the very
first call too.

> Karl
>
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Fridler, Oren <oren.fridler@hp.com> wrote:
>> I selected SharePoint 2010.
>> There is only one user I used for the SharePoint Server install and this user is
used on MCF SharePoint connection.
>> Is there a way to disable permission checking altogether in the connector and just
ask for all documents with the user credentials I entered on the sharepoint connection? I
tried to select secutiry=disabled on the job details but it didn't help.

service, unless you selected SharePoint 2003, which would then conflict with other data.

>> (2) You said that it discovered documents.  That means that the GetListItems part
of the service is working.

>> (3) You said that you couldn't index any documents, and got an AXIS exception which
terminated the job.  That means you could not retrieve document permissions (which is what
the GetPermissionCollection part of the service does).

>> (4) The GetPermissionCollection operation uses only one other service, and it is
Permissions.asmx.  So it figured that the problem was likely in reaching that service, since
the complaint was that it couldn't find a service.

>> Until 10 min ago I did not have internet service back, but I will confirm this picture
in your logs shortly.

>> The Permissions.asmx service you identify is the correct one; the question seems
to be why the MCPermissions service can't talk to it.
>> Could be a permission problem I suppose - perhaps the user you were logged in as
when you installed the service had insufficient permissions or some such?  Just guessing here...

>> Karl
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Fridler, Oren <oren.fridler@hp.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Karl
>>> Thank you for your prompt reply,
>>>
>>> By "SharePoint permissions service" do you refer to this?   http://16.59.60.113/_vti_bin/Permissions.asmx
>>> I was able to open this service, getting the following operations:
>>> AddPermission
>>> AddPermissionCollection
>>> GetPermissionCollection
>>> RemovePermission
>>> RemovePermissionCollection
>>> UpdatePermission
>>>
>>> BTW, how can you tell from the logs the mcpermissions server is having trouble
reaching SharePoint permissions service?
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Oren.

service is having trouble reaching the SharePoint permissions service, which it needs. Can
you access that service, or has it been disabled?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl
>>>
>>> Sent from my Windows Phone

that I created on SP are available for selection so I assume MCF is getting this data from
SP.
>>> But when I start the job it is getting stuck in status "running"
>>> forever, the mcf UI shows documents are discovered, some are processed and some
are active, but on Solr side no document is received.
>>> On mcf logs I see the error at the end of this email.
>>> On my browser I can open http://16.59.60.113 - getting to SP site, and also http://16.59.60.113/_vti_bin/MCPermissions.asmx
 - getting to a page that lists these 2 services - GetListItems and GetPermissionCollection
Attached are the mcf logs with DEBUG level.
>>> Any help or idea what can I do would be highly appreciated.
>>> Thanks
>>> Oren.
>>>

>>> AxisFault
>>> faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client
>>> faultSubcode:
>>>  faultString: The Web application at http://16.59.60.113 could not be found.
Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content,
the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application.