manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with reading files from Sharepoint 2010 to manifldcf
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:16:46 GMT
Please see below...

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Fridler, Oren <oren.fridler@hp.com> wrote:
> Thanks Karl
> I'll be happy to contribute to the debugging wiki once I have some helpful insights.
>
> I'm following your advice and sharing the info in case someone encounter the same issues:
>
> (1) ShrePoint version - I've found 2 copies of MicrosoftSharePoint.dll (see below), I
opened them with .Net Reflector, the first dll's version is 14.0.0.0 and the second is 14.900.0.0
> C:\>dir /s /b Microsoft.SharePoint.dll
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ISAPI\Microsoft.SharePoint.dll
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\UserCode\assemblies\Microsoft.SharePoint.dll
>
> I don't know which dll is used by my SharePoint 2010, so I uninstalled SharePoint - both
dlls were removed and after re-installed they were back again :(

> I installed the manifold sharepoint plugin (setup output attached) and it went ok without
errors.

I think I've seen the 14.900.0.0 - it is the Microsoft Office
extensions to SharePoint.  But as long as the 14.0.0.0 one is
available that is probably fine.

> (2) Meaning of error - I followed your idea that maybe redirects are causing the problem,
since ManifoldCF is running on the same server where SharePoint is I changed the URL and replaced
the server IP with "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"
> Now I don't get the 1010 error with Web Application cannot be found, still no files are
imported and the logs (attached) contain these 2 errors:

> org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No service named PermissionsSoap is available
> org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No service named http://microsoft.com/sharepoint/webpartpages/GetListItems
is available

These are just warnings.  They seem to be due to some kind of mismatch
between the wsdl and what the services actually look like.  But just
ignore these for now.

I'll have a look at your logs shortly and get back to you with an idea
what they are telling us.

Karl

> I'll continue to investigate, if someone have any idea/help it would be great
> Thanks
> Oren.

been getting which basically amount to people trying to get the manifoldcf-sharepoint-2010
plugin working on their particular SharePoint instance, which has no doubt been installed
and (mis?)configured by someone else at some point in the past.  I think we're going to need
a how-to-debug page where we can gather everyone's experiences together, including diagnostic
approaches and advice.
> There is already a page that anyone can edit in the ManifoldCF wiki, which is a fine
starting point:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONNECTORS/Debugging+Connections
> .  I hope you will be willing to contribute to this effort.
>
> In the meantime, let's go back over your questions below and try to eliminate them one
at a time, in a more systematic fashion.

> (1) Version of SharePoint.
>
> To rule out any funkiness here, the obvious thing to do is to find the version of your
sharepoint.dll.  The dll should be in one of the standard locations where assembly dlls are
deployed on your server.
> The assembly name is Microsoft.SharePoint.dll - nothing else, not MicrosoftOffice, or
anything else.  There are a number of tools for determining the .NET version of such DLLs;
here's a link that might
> help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/227886/how-do-i-determine-the-dependencies-of-a-net-application
> .  The ManifoldCF-SharePoint-2010 plugin is built against:
>
> <Reference Include="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c,
processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

> ... which can be found in the webservice/MCPermissionsService.csproj
> file in the source package for the service.  The
> ManifoldCF-SharePoint-2007 plugin is, obviously, built against a different version:
>
> <Reference Include="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c,
processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

> (2) Meaning of error
>
> Here's the error again:
> {}Error:<ErrorNumber>1010</ErrorNumber><ErrorMessage>The Web application
at http://16.59.60.113 could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If
the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new
request URL mapping to the intended application.</ErrorMessage><ErrorSource>Microsoft.SharePoint</ErrorSource>

> The error code 1010 comes from the plugin, specifically from the GetListItems method:
>
>             catch (Exception ex)
>             {
>                 EventLog.WriteEntry("MCPermissions.asmx", ex.Message);
>                 throw RaiseException(ex.Message, "1010", ex.Source);
>             }
>
> So, we know we are getting into the plugin correctly, but we furthermore know that something
that is happening in there is not working.  The <ErrorSource> tags include the assembly
from which the error is coming:

> Microsoft.SharePoint
>
> The error message, as I pointed out before, is pretty useless when SharePoint is concerned
- there are quite a number of "catchall"
> errors which are more likely to mislead you than help you.  So you have to look at the
source code, which is actually rather small and simple.

> Looking at the code itself, and what it is doing, the likely place that the problem comes
from is this:

>                 using (SPSite site = new SPSite(SPContext.Current.Web.Url))
>                 {
>                     using (SPWeb oWebsiteRoot = site.OpenWeb())
>                     {
>
> It seems clear that for some reason your SharePoint instance does not have a valid SPContext.Current.Web.Url
which will permit the plugin reaching the actual sharepoint logic.  I don't know the reason
for that; this is happening internal to SharePoint on that server.
> Possibilities include a URL redirection, I suppose?  My knowledge of .NET, and what SharePoint
is doing under the covers, is not that strong.  But this is the avenue I'd pursue.  If you
do find that there's a redirection taking place to reach your _vti_bin directory, try using
the final target of the redirection instead of the initial URL, and see if that helps...

> Karl
>

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seeing the existence of the service in the browser does not mean it
>> will work.  It only means that the wsdl is coming back from the
>> service.
>>
>>> What can be the reason for this?
>>
>> Unfortunately that is very difficult to determine.  SharePoint tends
>> to return "catchall" errors which are not very meaningful.  The
>> server-side event logs may be helpful in figuring out what is going
>> wrong.
>>
>>> Can there be a mismatch between the sharepoint driver on MCF and the sharepoint
server?

>> This is possible if (for instance) you deployed a SharePoint 2010
>> plugin on a SharePoint 2007 server, but if you had a version of
>> SharePoint which was incompatible with the plugin you deployed, I
>> would expect you would have seen errors reported during the plugin
>> installation.  The plugins are built against specific SharePoint dlls
>> with specific version numbers, and .NET enforces a match.  The .bat
>> deployment files though are not very good at telling you that stuff is
>> broken; they don't actually catch the reported errors and stop, so it
>> is possible you may have missed such errors.
>>
>> If there were no errors, I would guess that the problem is probably
>> permissions related.  That is, the plugin may not have permissions to
>> do what it needs to do.  The permissions are granted (as I understand
>> it) based on the user that installs the plugin, so that may be what
>> the issue is.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Fridler, Oren <oren.fridler@hp.com> wrote:
>>> Discovery is not working indeed (sorry I was not clear on this), I just saw on
the sharepoint repository connector UI the status "connection working"

>>> So if I understand you correctly the soap call to  com.microsoft.sharepoint.webpartpages.PermissionsSoapStub.getListItems(PermissionsSoapStub.java:234)
 is failing? Although I can see the GetListItems operation supported in the browser.
>>> What can be the reason for this?
>>> Can there be a mismatch between the sharepoint driver on MCF and the sharepoint
server?
>>> How do you suggest I continue to investigate?
>>> Thanks
>>> Oren.

is working.  It seems like the getListItems() part of the service is failing, and on the very
first call too.

>>> Karl

user is used on MCF SharePoint connection.
and just ask for all documents with the user credentials I entered on the sharepoint connection?
I tried to select secutiry=disabled on the job details but it didn't help.

service, unless you selected SharePoint 2003, which would then conflict with other data.

part of the service is working.

which terminated the job.  That means you could not retrieve document permissions (which is
what the GetPermissionCollection part of the service does).

it is Permissions.asmx.  So it figured that the problem was likely in reaching that service,
since the complaint was that it couldn't find a service.

this picture in your logs shortly.

seems to be why the MCPermissions service can't talk to it.
in as when you installed the service had insufficient permissions or some such?  Just guessing
here...

trouble reaching SharePoint permissions service?

the mcpermissions service is having trouble reaching the SharePoint permissions service, which
it needs. Can you access that service, or has it been disabled?

the status is "Connection Working"
wiki libraries that I created on SP are available for selection so I assume MCF is getting
this data from SP.
and some are active, but on Solr side no document is received.
also http://16.59.60.113/_vti_bin/MCPermissions.asmx  - getting to a page that lists these
2 services - GetListItems and GetPermissionCollection Attached are the mcf logs with DEBUG
level.