manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Fridler, Oren" <oren.frid...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Problem with reading files from Sharepoint 2010 to manifldcf
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:39:58 GMT
I selected SharePoint 2010.
There is only one user I used for the SharePoint Server install and this user is used on MCF
SharePoint connection.
Is there a way to disable permission checking altogether in the connector and just ask for
all documents with the user credentials I entered on the sharepoint connection? I tried to
select secutiry=disabled on the job details but it didn't help.


-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com] 
Sent: יום ג 30 אוקטובר 2012 16:26
To: Fridler, Oren
Cc: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with reading files from Sharepoint 2010 to manifldcf

Hi Oren,

Here's my reasoning:

(1) You would not get "connection working" if you could not access the MCPermissions service,
unless you selected SharePoint 2003, which would then conflict with other data.

(2) You said that it discovered documents.  That means that the GetListItems part of the service
is working.

(3) You said that you couldn't index any documents, and got an AXIS exception which terminated
the job.  That means you could not retrieve document permissions (which is what the GetPermissionCollection
part of the service does).

(4) The GetPermissionCollection operation uses only one other service, and it is Permissions.asmx.
 So it figured that the problem was likely in reaching that service, since the complaint was
that it couldn't find a service.

Until 10 min ago I did not have internet service back, but I will confirm this picture in
your logs shortly.

The Permissions.asmx service you identify is the correct one; the question seems to be why
the MCPermissions service can't talk to it.
Could be a permission problem I suppose - perhaps the user you were logged in as when you
installed the service had insufficient permissions or some such?  Just guessing here...

Karl


On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Fridler, Oren <oren.fridler@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl
> Thank you for your prompt reply,
>
> By "SharePoint permissions service" do you refer to this?   http://16.59.60.113/_vti_bin/Permissions.asmx
> I was able to open this service, getting the following operations:
> AddPermission
> AddPermissionCollection
> GetPermissionCollection
> RemovePermission
> RemovePermissionCollection
> UpdatePermission
>
> BTW, how can you tell from the logs the mcpermissions server is having trouble reaching
SharePoint permissions service?
> Thanks in advance
> Oren.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
> Sent: יום ג 30 אוקטובר 2012 14:56
> To: Fridler, Oren; user@manifoldcf.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Problem with reading files from Sharepoint 2010 to 
> manifldcf
>
>
> Hi Oren,
>
> It looks like manifold is able to reach the mcpermissions service, but the mcpermissions
service is having trouble reaching the SharePoint permissions service, which it needs. Can
you access that service, or has it been disabled?
>
> Thanks,
> Karl
>
> Sent from my Windows Phone
> From: Fridler, Oren
> Sent: 10/30/2012 8:41 AM
> To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
> Subject: Problem with reading files from Sharepoint 2010 to manifldcf
> 1.0.1
> Hi
> I'm using apache-manifoldcf-1.0.1-bin
> I installed apache-manifoldcf-sharepoint-2010-plugin-0.1  on top of 
> Sharepoint 2010
>
> On mcf I managed to create a Sharepoint repository connection and saw the status is "Connection
Working"
> Also when I create the "Sharepoint to Solr" Job I can see some of the wiki libraries
that I created on SP are available for selection so I assume MCF is getting this data from
SP.
> But when I start the job it is getting stuck in status "running"
> forever, the mcf UI shows documents are discovered, some are processed and some are active,
but on Solr side no document is received.
> On mcf logs I see the error at the end of this email.
> On my browser I can open http://16.59.60.113 - getting to SP site, and also http://16.59.60.113/_vti_bin/MCPermissions.asmx
 - getting to a page that lists these 2 services - GetListItems and GetPermissionCollection
Attached are the mcf logs with DEBUG level.
> Any help or idea what can I do would be highly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Oren.
>
>
> AxisFault
> faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client
> faultSubcode:
>  faultString: The Web application at http://16.59.60.113 could not be found. Verify that
you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system
administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application.
> faultActor: http://16.59.60.113/_vti_bin/MCPermissions.asmx
> faultNode:
>  faultDetail:
>                
> {}Error:<ErrorNumber>1010</ErrorNumber><ErrorMessage>The
> Web application at http://16.59.60.113 could not be found. Verify that 
> you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving 
> existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new 
> request URL mapping to the intended 
> application.</ErrorMessage><ErrorSource>Microsoft.SharePoint</ErrorSou
> rce>
>
>
>
>
>
Mime
View raw message