manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From vmnatara...@mmm.com
Subject Fw: ManifoldCF Sharepoint Access
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:49:33 GMT
Hi,
        Thanks for all your support. I was able to build the Sharepoint
2010 plugin and deploy it to the Sharepoint server. But when I use
ManifoldCF to create a repository based on the Sharepoint 2010 server that
has the plugin installed, I get the following error. I did some searching
and found that it is got to do something with the security permissions
that the web service has to access the logs. I am asking the Sharepoint
admin to try the below solution. I am a newbie to Sharepoint, so experts /
Karl, can you please confirm if I am on the right track?

ThanQ,
Vignesh Murali N
3M IT Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
3M Center, Building 224-5S-5O33
Maplewood, MN 55144-1000

W: 651 - 733 7108
M: 763 - 656 8033
----- Forwarded by Vignesh M. Natarajan/US-Corp01/3M/US on 09/10/2012
17:45 -----

Subject:        Re: Fw: ManifoldCF Sharepoint Access

Carolina,
        I will work with the creator of the web service to see if I can
address these issues. I am unable to use the framework to connect to the
Sharepoint site because of the following error\

SOLUTION
It appears that the Web Service is throwing the error because of a
permission issue. Can you please do the following?
You need to grant permission to create a custom event log:
Log on to the computer as an administrator.
Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
The Registry Editor window appears.
Locate the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog
Right-click Eventlog, and then click Permissions. The Permissions for
Eventlog dialog box appears.

Click Add, add the user account or group that you want and set the
following permissions: ?Full Control?

Please let me know in case of any questions