manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: crawled counts on WEB crawling differ between MCF0.4 and MCF0.5
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 02:32:31 GMT
There should be no differences between crawling using MySQL as the
database and PostgreSQL, on the same version of ManifoldCF.

We include an RSS crawling test which finds exactly the expected
number of documents on MySQL.  This is a 100,000 document crawl.
There are no back-end-specific logic differences in the web connector
that would be expected to yield different results based on the
back-end database.

If you believe you have found a difference between MySQL and
PostgreSQL, I suggest the following:

(1) Make sure that the repository connections and job definitions are
indeed identical between MySQL and PostgreSQL.
(2) See if you can locate an example document that was crawled with
PostgreSQL but not crawled with MySQL.
(3) If you create a second web connection and job under MySQL, and run
the job to completion, does the document that was not included get
skipped again?  Or does it seem random which documents are skipped on
each run?

Thanks,
Karl