manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Schreiber" <Wolfgang.Schrei...@isb-ag.de>
Subject How to import data from Oracle to Solr
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:27:12 GMT
Hello,

we are trying to ingest data from an Oracle database into Solr.
We managed to insert docs into Solr but only document IDs are inserted and no
other data fields.

Can you provide an example how to setup the import job in ManifoldCF ?

Assume we have the following initial situation:

1) Our Oracle table looks something like:

ADDRESS
--------------------------
ID			NUMBER
ZIP			NUMBER
CITY			VARCHAR(2)
STREET			VARCHAR(2)

2) In Solr's schema.xml we added the following fields for the database
columns
	<field name="ZIP" type="int" indexed="true" stored="true" />
	<field name="City" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" />
	<field name="Street" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" />

So here are our questions:

* How do we have to setup the queries for the ManifoldCF job?
  In particular how exactly must the seeding query and the data query look
like?

* How do the Solr field mappings look like?

We read your online documentation as well as your MEAP book but could not
find a workíng example for a successful import between Oracle and Solr.
Any help is welcome!

Best regards
Wolfgang