manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to increase cache settings for ManifoldCF Authority Service
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:54:50 GMT
Hi,

I think you see the following line if you configure cache life time.

source:
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.authorities.DCTM.AuthorityConnector.java

protected static long responseLifetime = 60000L;  <--this value

I think ActiveDirectoryAuthority.java code helps this.

Regards,
Shinichiro Abe

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/trunk/framework/pull-agent/src/main/java/org/apache/manifoldcf/crawler/system/ExpireStufferThread.java

>       // If there are no documents at all, then we can sleep for a while.
>                 // The theory is that we need to allow stuff to accumulate.
>                 if (descs.length == 0)
>                 {
>                   ManifoldCF.sleep(60000L);      // 1 minute
>                   continue;
>           }
>
> Pls. confirm if i am on the right direction.
>
> Thanks
> Anupam
>
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Oh sorry, I told about Active Directory Authority Services.
> Now there is not a place to configure cache life time
> in Documentum Authority Services.
>
> Shinichiro Abe
> On 2012/07/03, at 19:07, Anupam Bhattacharya wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using ManifoldCF for Documentum Repository & Documentum Authority Services.
How can I configure cache life time settings in this case when Active directory is not present
?

> > Regards
> > Anupam
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Can I configure these timeout settings value to anything like 60min or 1 day
etc ?
> > Yes, you can configure cache life time,
> >  in which tokens are cached after last access(user's last access) to the Active
Directory.
> > I think this value might as well be set to about 60min,  1day is too long.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shinichiro Abe
> >
> > On 2012/07/03, at 18:15, Anupam Bhattacharya wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Karl,
> > >
> > > First of all congratulations for ManifoldCF graduation to Apache Projects &
thanks for all the help you provided during my development previously through this forum.

> > > I have recently come across a Performance problem due to ManifoldCF Authority
service. After including authority service the Query Response times increases a lot. After
doing some inspection i found that ManifoldCF doesn't cache User Token's after 1 min. (http://search-lucene.com/m/YqXPHki0Dv/v=threaded).