manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby DB up-to-date?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 12:04:48 GMT
I committed the pertinent change (without debugging output) to trunk
as well.  So if you want to upgrade to 0.6-dev, you will get the same
fix.

Karl

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've attached a test patch to the CONNECTORS-478 ticket that you can
> download and use to patch 0.5.1 sources.  The test patch *should* fix
> the problem, but if it doesn't, it will certainly log more
> diagnostics, enough so I can see what the change in behavior has been
> for Derby in this release.
>
> FWIW, it looks like Derby is throwing a slightly different kind of
> exception for this case than it did before.
>
> Can you please try it out and let me know what happens?
>
> Thanks!
> Karl
>

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>> I'll put it in the ticket and have a look at this later today.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Marcin Goss <marcin.goss@findwise.com> wrote:
>>> This is all I've got. I am sorry for the polish fragments, I can't seem to change
it anywhere. Anyway, hopefully you should be able to get all the information you need.

>>> ERROR 2012-06-04 11:22:25,449 (Worker thread '42') - Worker thread aborting and
restarting due to database connection reset: Database exception: Exception doing query: Instrukcja
została przerwana, ponieważ mogła spowodować powstanie duplikatu wartości klucza w regule
ograniczającej klucz unikalny lub podstawowy albo w unikalnym indeksie identyfikowanym przez
obiekt 'C1338469165883' zdefiniowany dla 'EVENTS'.
>>> org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Database exception:
Exception doing query: Instrukcja została przerwana, ponieważ mogła spowodować powstanie
duplikatu wartości klucza w regule ograniczającej klucz unikalny lub podstawowy albo w unikalnym
indeksie identyfikowanym przez obiekt 'C1338469165883' zdefiniowany dla 'EVENTS'.
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeViaThread(Database.java:680)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeUncachedQuery(Database.java:726)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database$QueryCacheExecutor.create(Database.java:1393)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.cachemanager.CacheManager.findObjectsAndExecute(CacheManager.java:144)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeQuery(Database.java:185)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfaceDerby.performModification(DBInterfaceDerby.java:831)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfaceDerby.performInsert(DBInterfaceDerby.java:222)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.BaseTable.performInsert(BaseTable.java:68)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.jobs.EventManager.createEvent(EventManager.java:123)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.jobs.JobManager.beginEventSequence(JobManager.java:4217)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread$VersionActivity.beginEventSequence(WorkerThread.java:1236)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.webcrawler.WebcrawlerConnector.lookupIPAddress(WebcrawlerConnector.java:4737)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.webcrawler.WebcrawlerConnector.getDocumentVersions(WebcrawlerConnector.java:634)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:318)
>>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Instrukcja została
przerwana, ponieważ mogła spowodować powstanie duplikatu wartości klucza w regule ograniczającej
klucz unikalny lub podstawowy albo w unikalnym indeksie identyfikowanym przez obiekt 'C1338469165883'
zdefiniowany dla 'EVENTS'.
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.execute(Database.java:839)
>>>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database$ExecuteQueryThread.run(Database.java:640)
>>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Instrukcja została przerwana, ponieważ mogła
spowodować powstanie duplikatu wartości klucza w regule ograniczającej klucz unikalny lub
podstawowy albo w unikalnym indeksie identyfikowanym przez obiekt 'C1338469165883' zdefiniowany
dla 'EVENTS'.
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
>>>        ... 11 more
>>> Caused by: ERROR 23505: Instrukcja została przerwana, ponieważ mogła spowodować
powstanie duplikatu wartości klucza w regule ograniczającej klucz unikalny lub podstawowy
albo w unikalnym indeksie identyfikowanym przez obiekt 'C1338469165883' zdefiniowany dla 'EVENTS'.
>>>        at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.insertAndCheckDups(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.doInsert(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.insert(Unknown Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexSetChanger.insert(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RowChangerImpl.insertRow(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.normalInsertCore(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.open(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown
Source)
>>>        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
>>>        ... 5 more
>>>

>>> /Marcin

rest of the stack trace context because without that I cannot know where, exactly, the constraint
violation is not getting caught.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

of a wiki page. The error that I am getting looks like this:

was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key
constraint or unique index identified by 'XXXXXXXX' defined on 'EVENTS'.

exactly what you are seeing.  Can you provide more details, including exceptions?