manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Erlend GarĂ¥sen <e.f.gara...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Exporting crawler configuration easier?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:27:31 GMT

We have all configuration files for our search project stored in SVN,
even our MCF crawler configuration. Each time we change our MCF
settings, i.e. add something to the seed list, we usually export the
configuration and commit that change to SVN.

This can be a time-consuming process since we have to unzip the
generated export file in order to edit the files within it. We need to
edit the output file which includes the password to our Solr server.

Then we must zip all these files in order to create a similar export
file. The order of the files are very important. You cannot just create
a zip file right away without being aware of the order of the included
files. Otherwise, MCF will complain when you are trying to import that
file later.

Any suggestions for a smoother way to have a version-controlled
configuration? Perhaps I should create a script which does all the steps
mentioned above? As far as I know, it's not possible to edit the files
directly inside a zip file from a terminal on UNIX.

Thanks,
Erlend

--
Erlend GarĂ¥sen