manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ManifoldCF 0.5 / SharePoint 2010 connector
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 15:14:11 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Here's the story.

The SharePoint connector works using SharePoint web services, and has
been explicitly tested against both SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint
2007.  It has not been explicitly tested against SharePoint 2010,
because none of the developers have a working SharePoint 2010 instance
to test against.  The MetaCarta Permissions web service was designed
to provide access to folder and file permissions, which appeared in
SharePoint 2007 and are no doubt also present in SharePoint 2010.

So, I would expect the following for SharePoint 2010.

- the basic web services should continue to work as they did in
SharePoint 2007.  If you can connect and get "Connection working" it
basically confirms this picture.
- the MetaCarta Permissions service is a greater risk.  It may not
work because it is compiled against SharePoint.dll from SharePoint
2007, not SharePoint 2010.  It's technically still required, so if it
*doesn't* work we're going to need to make some changes to support
SharePoint 2010.

So I'd suggest that you try the following in order:

(1) First, try connecting to SharePoint 2010, specifying "SharePoint
2.0" in the connection parameters.  Do not try deploying the MetaCarta
Permissions service for this test.  If you can connect, and crawl,
then we're in pretty good shape.

(2) If (1) works, then try deploying the MC Permissions service on the
SharePoint 2010 server.  If it deploys correctly, then try connecting
to it by specifying a "SharePoint 3.0" connection.  If you get back
"Connection working" from that, then it is functioning, and everything
should be working.

Please let me know exactly how far you get in this process, and what
errors you see in both the manifoldcf.log and for the connection
status.

Thanks!
Karl

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Silvia, Daniel [USA]
<Silvia_Daniel@bah.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl
>
> When upgrading to SharePoint 2010, will we still need to install the MetaCarta Permission
Webservice to sharepoint instance?